Municipal park and trails
The Gore Trail Project was born of citizens who, worried about the loss of access to the forest, decided to regroup and share their concerns with the municipal administration. Following a meeting with the biologist from the Township of Gore, the project took shape and the trail marking of the Pioneer Trail began. We were then in 2014.
Since then, what was called "the Trail Committee" has continued to develop this first network (with the help of generous volunteers), he organized hiking activities in all seasons, he worked on the development of new trails, including that of Parc Denommé, and he officially became an NPO under the name Les Sentiers de Gore in the summer of 2017.
To have the trail maps and description and to keep informed on the numerous activities organized by Les Sentiers de Gore, go to their Web site here.
Municipal Park - 45 Cambria Road
Address: 45 Cambria Road
The municipal park is a gathering place with many municipal and community facilities that support an active lifestyle. The park is home to the Summer and Winter Festivals, the Environment Day, the Coureur des Bois event, just to name a few. Here is the list of municipal park infrastructures:
- Outdoor Rink (opening hours for the 2019 season)
- Tennis, basketball and pickleball (only in summer)
- CPE (day care) Le Rêve de Caillette - http://www.lerevedecaillette.com/
- Soccer field
- Walking Trails and Snowshoe Trail: The Trail of Pioneers
- Dog park - completely fenced, offering shady and sunny places.
- Community Garden - built and arranged by volunteers.
- Shaping apparatus protected from bad weather.
- Boat cleaning station for the prevention of invasive aquatic plants in our lakes.